The Furman Paladins (7-3) welcome the USC Upstate Spartans (2-7) to Timmons Arena. The Spartans will attempt to snap a six-game road losing streak. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 8, 2019.
USC Upstate Spartans at Furman Paladins Betting Odds
In their last game, the Paladins lost a tough one against the 14th-ranked Auburn Tigers, 81-78, while the Spartans defeated the Eastern Kentucky Colonels, 79-67.
USC Upstate played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.160) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.454 (above their season average of 0.427). Eastern Kentucky was 0.379 and 0.388, respectively, for those same stats. Furman, meanwhile, made 13 of their 31 three pointers (41.9 percent). Noah Gurley played a key role for Furman with 21 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Everette Hammond led the way for USC Upstate, finishing with 27 points and nine rebounds.
The Paladins won the only contest between these two teams last season, 74-60. The Paladins’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Spartans. Furman had a rate of 33.3, while USC Upstate posted a mark of 25.6.
The high-octane offense of Furman will face off against the porous defense of USC Upstate. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Paladins rank 28th in offensive efficiency, while the Spartans are 313th in defensive efficiency. The Paladins should have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Spartans, who rank 297th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.190), could have a tough time getting to the line against the Paladins, who rank 20th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.161).
USC Upstate Spartans vs. Furman Paladins Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Furman, ATS Winner – USC Upstate, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Furman averages 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 33rd in the nation. USC Upstate ranks 193rd in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- The Spartans rank 66th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while the Paladins rank 172nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- Furman averages 3.8 blocks per game, which is ranked 92nd in the country. USC Upstate ranks 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Paladins rank 14th in steals per game (8.9) while the Spartans rank 151st (6.3).
- Furman ranks 136th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while USC Upstate ranks 266th (37.6).