The USC Upstate Spartans (1-6) head to Dale F. Halton Arena to square off with the Charlotte 49ers (2-3). The Spartans will try to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 30, 2019.
USC Upstate Spartans at Charlotte 49ers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The 49ers lost a tough one against the Georgia State Panthers, 81-78, while the Spartans lost to the Youngstown State Penguins, 66-61.
USC Upstate held Youngstown State to an effective field goal percentage of 0.410 (below the 0.548 mark opponents have averaged against USC Upstate this season) while Charlotte did a great job of converting from the free throw line (17-21; 81.0 percent). Charlotte’s Amidou Bamba had a solid performance, putting up 14 points and 11 rebounds. USC Upstate was lifted by Everette Hammond, who recorded 18 points and five assists.
The physical Charlotte offense could be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this contest. The 49ers rank 47th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.268, while USC Upstate ranks 322nd in FTA rate allowed (0.277) since last season.
USC Upstate vs. Charlotte Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – USC Upstate, ATS Winner – USC Upstate, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Charlotte ranks 74th in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while USC Upstate ranks 283rd (37.6).
- The Spartans rank 195th in assists per game (12.9) while the 49ers rank 312th (10.4).
- Charlotte blocks 3.5 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 125th in the country. USC Upstate ranks 132nd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Spartans average 25.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 57th in the country. The 49ers rank 212th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- USC Upstate ranks 128th in steals allowed per game (6.1) while Charlotte ranks 247th (7.1).