The USC Upstate Spartans (1-2) will travel to Cassell Coliseum to go head-to-head against the Virginia Tech Hokies (2-0). The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
USC Upstate Spartans at Virginia Tech Hokies Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Hokies easily got past the Coppin State Eagles, 74-42, while the Spartans were beaten by the North Carolina Central Eagles, 73-64.
The Hokies had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.533 vs. 0.239) and had a better free throw rate (0.148 vs. 0.113). USC Upstate, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (15.7 vs. 33.3). Wabissa Bede fueled Virginia Tech with three points, 10 assists and nine rebounds. Bryson Mozone, meanwhile had a good game for USC Upstate, finishing with 17 points and nine rebounds.
The high-powered offense of Virginia Tech will square off against the porous defense of USC Upstate. Dating back to last season, the Hokies rank 20th in offensive efficiency, while the Spartans are 282nd in defensive efficiency. The Hokies figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Ball protection could be troublesome for the Spartans. They rank 254th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 19.6 percent), while the Hokies have forced the 47th-most turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 21.5 percent).
USC Upstate Spartans vs. Virginia Tech Hokies ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Virginia Tech, ATS Winner – Virginia Tech, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Virginia Tech ranks 12th in rebounds allowed per game (30.8) while USC Upstate ranks 271st (37.5).
- The Hokies rank 29th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Spartans rank 136th (6.2).
- USC Upstate ranks 182nd in blocks per game (2.9) while Virginia Tech ranks 243rd (2.3).
- The Spartans average 25.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 57th in the country. The Hokies rank 306th in three pointers allowed per game (26.9).
- Virginia Tech ranks 50th in assists per game (15.1) while USC Upstate ranks 174th in assists allowed per game (13.3).