The Radford Highlanders (18-9, 13-2 BigSou) and the USC Upstate Spartans (11-17, 6-9 BigSou) face off at Dedmon Center. The Highlanders will try to lengthen their eight-game winning streak. The game starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
USC Upstate Spartans at Radford Highlanders ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Highlanders beat the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 79-64, while the Spartans lost to the Longwood Lancers, 68-58.
Radford played a perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.275 (above their season average of 0.209) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.9 (below their season average of 30.5). UNC Asheville was 0.093 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats. USC Upstate, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 6.6 (better than their season average of 16.2). Radford rallied around Carlik Jones, who put up 18 points, eight assists and five rebounds. Everette Hammond, meanwhile led the way for USC Upstate, contributing 15 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this season, Jones led the Highlanders to a 63-59 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 23 points. Radford had a better turnover percentage (11.2 vs. 14.0). USC Upstate, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (18-21; 85.7 percent).
The high-octane offense of Radford (34th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 110.8) will go head-to-head against the porous defense of USC Upstate (315th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 106.1). The Highlanders figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
USC Upstate Spartans vs. Radford Highlanders Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Over
- USC Upstate ranks 146th in three pointers allowed per game (21.6) while Radford ranks 258th (25.1).
- The Highlanders rank 128th in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Spartans rank 230th (33.6).
- Radford ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (4.3) while USC Upstate ranks 74th (5.8).
- The Spartans’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 4.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 79.0 points per game (9.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (5.1 above their season average).