The USC Upstate Spartans (1-2) will travel to the Earle A. Chiles Center to take on the Portland Pilots (3-2). Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
USC Upstate Spartans at Portland Pilots ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Pilots dismantled the Lewis & Clark Pioneers, 77-57, while the Spartans were beaten by the VMI Keydets, 78-72.
Portland played a perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 26.2) and a free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.274). For those same stats, Lewis & Clark was 15.8 and 0.185, respectively. USC Upstate, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 20.0). Portland received a boost from Marcus Shaver Jr. who put up 16 points. Meanwhile, Everette Hammond had a good game for USC Upstate, finishing with 16 points.
USC Upstate could struggle to create turnovers. Dating back to last season, Portland ranks 68th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while USC Upstate has forced the 62nd-fewest turnovers (17.0 percent).
USC Upstate Spartans vs. Portland Pilots Odds Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Portland, ATS Winner – Portland, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- USC Upstate averages 29.3 three pointers per game, which ranks sixth in the country. Portland ranks 300th in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Spartans rank 142nd in steals per game (6.3) while the Pilots rank 238th (5.2).
- Portland ranks 235th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5) while USC Upstate ranks 288th (38.2).
- The Spartans rank 138th in assists per game (14.0) while the Pilots rank 285th in assists allowed per game (15.5).
- Portland ranks 90th in blocks per game (3.9) while USC Upstate ranks 226th (2.7).