The USC Upstate Spartans (11-15, 6-7 BigSou) will be at the Millis Center to clash against the High Point Panthers (7-19, 4-9 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
USC Upstate Spartans at High Point Panthers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Panthers lost a winnable game to the Charleston Southern Buccaneers, 66-63, while the Spartans were victorious over the Charleston Southern Buccaneers, 66-52.
USC Upstate dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.236 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.9 (below their season average of 27.0). For those same stats, Charleston Southern put up marks of 0.097 and 9.5, respectively. High Point, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 18.7). John-Michael Wright had a solid performance for High Point, putting up 14 points and 10 rebounds. USC Upstate received a boost from Bryson Mozone, who recorded 14 points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Wright led the Panthers to a 70-62 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 24 points. Getting to the charity stripe was one of High Point’s largest advantages. They made 25 trips to the line, while USC Upstate went just 14 times.
The physical High Point offense might be living from the free throw line in this contest. The Panthers rank 42nd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.275, while USC Upstate ranks 327th in FTA rate allowed (0.294).
USC Upstate at High Point Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – High Point, ATS Winner – High Point, O/U – Under
- USC Upstate ranks 97th in assists allowed per game (11.9) while High Point ranks 245th (16.0).
- The Panthers average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 92nd in the country. The Spartans rank 93rd in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Spartans rank 152nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.8) while the Panthers rank 276th (25.8).
- USC Upstate ranks 138th in steals per game (6.1) while High Point ranks 168th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average).
- The Panthers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, down from 10.4 for the season.