The Hampton Pirates (13-17, 8-9 BigSou) welcome the USC Upstate Spartans (11-19, 6-11 BigSou) to Hampton Convocation Center as the regular season finishes up. The game starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
USC Upstate Spartans at Hampton Pirates ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Pirates lost a winnable game to the Radford Highlanders, 81-78, while the Spartans were beaten by the Winthrop Eagles, 90-82.
USC Upstate was lights out from beyond the arc (16-31; 51.6 percent) while Hampton had a turnover percentage of 4.3 (better than their season average of 14.7). Jermaine Marrow had a solid performance for Hampton, putting up 27 points and 11 assists. USC Upstate was led by Tommy Bruner, who contributed 13 points and nine assists.
In their first matchup this year, Everette Hammond led the Spartans to an 83-73 win. He produced 20 points and six rebounds. The Spartans’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Pirates. USC Upstate had a rate of 10.3, while Hampton posted a mark of 20.1.
The aggressive Hampton offense could be getting to the foul line a lot in this battle. The Pirates rank 18th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.289, while USC Upstate ranks 324th in FTA rate allowed (0.295).
USC Upstate vs. Hampton Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Hampton, ATS Winner – Hampton, O/U – Under
- USC Upstate ranks 102nd in assists allowed per game (12.0) while Hampton ranks 253rd (15.2).
- The Pirates average 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 67th in the country. The Spartans rank 79th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Pirates rank 91st in rebounds per game (37.0) while the Spartans rank 225th (33.4).
- USC Upstate ranks 193rd in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while Hampton ranks 267th (18.1).
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (3.3 below their season average).
- The Pirates’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 2.4 for the season.