The Campbell Fighting Camels (2-4) will be at home in John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center when they take on the USC Upstate Spartans (3-4). Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
USC Upstate Spartans at Campbell Fighting Camels Betting Preview
In the Spartans last outing, they beat the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 88-78. With 17 points and 10 rebounds, USC Upstates Malik Moore had a solid performance. The Spartans had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.657 (above their season average of 0.501) and had a free throw rate of 0.315 (above their season average of 0.159).
The Fighting Camels are trying to rebound after their 78-72 loss to the Bowling Green Falcons in their last game. Shane Whitfield was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Bowling Green had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.1 (above their season average of 28.6). Campbell, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.6 vs. 13.8).
The sweet-shooting offense of Campbell will battle against the mid-tier defense of USC Upstate. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Fighting Camels offense ranks 48th in effective field goal percentage (0.539), while the USC Upstate defense ranks 170th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.500). The Fighting Camels should have the edge on that end of the court.
The Spartans won the only game against the Fighting Camels last season, 80-73. The Spartans dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.333 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500. For those same stats, the Fighting Camels had marks of 0.277 and 0.423, respectively.
USC Upstate Spartans at Campbell Fighting Camels Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – USC Upstate, ATS Winner – USC Upstate, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spartans rank 115th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while the Fighting Camels rank 225th (6.8).
- USC Upstate allows the third-fewest blocks per game (1.9) while Campbell ranks 21st (2.5).
- Campbell ranks 63rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while USC Upstate ranks 285th (23.9).
- The Spartans rank 61st in rebounds per game (38.0) while the Fighting Camels rank 282nd (33.0).
- Campbell ranks 110th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while USC Upstate ranks 297th (15.9).