It figures to be a low-scoring affair as the USC Trojans (19-7, 8-5 Pac-12) travel to 18th-ranked Colorado to play the Buffaloes (20-6, 10-4 Pac-12). The game can be seen on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
USC Trojans at Colorado Buffaloes Betting Odds
Both teams blew out their last opponent. The Buffaloes defeated the Oregon State Beavers 69-47, while the Trojans beat the Washington State Cougars 70-51.
The Trojans held the Cougars to an effective field goal percentage of 0.317 (below their season average of 0.470) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.0 vs. 23.9). Colorado, on the other hand, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.292) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.491 (below their season average of 0.512). For those same stats, Oregon State recorded marks of 0.140 and 0.342, respectively. Tyler Bey played a pivotal role for Colorado with 21 points and 15 rebounds. USC, meanwhile, was led by Daniel Utomi, who recorded 23 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, McKinley Wright IV led the Buffaloes to a 78-57 victory. He recorded 12 points, eight assists and six rebounds. One of Colorado’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 15-17 (88.2 percent), while the Trojans were 8-11 (72.7 percent).
Points could be at a premium in this contest between a pair of the nation’s top defenses. Colorado currently ranks 15th in defensive efficiency (90.6) and USC is 43rd (93.9).
USC Trojans vs. Colorado Buffaloes Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – USC, O/U – Over
- Colorado ranks 30th in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while USC ranks 228th (23.9).
- The Trojans rank 125th in steals per game (6.5) while the Buffaloes rank 193rd in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Colorado ranks 42nd in assists allowed per game (10.7) while USC ranks 106th (12.0).
- The Buffaloes rank 31st in rebounds allowed per game (31.5) while the Trojans rank 154th (35.2).
- USC ranks 15th in blocks per game (5.2) while Colorado ranks 122nd (3.1).
- During their last five games, the Buffaloes have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.2 points per game (0.0 above their season average).
- The Trojans have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, USC has defeated opponents by an average of 5.0 points.