The USC Trojans (19-8, 8-6 Pac-12) will be at the Jon M. Huntsman Center to meet the Utah Runnin’ Utes (14-12, 5-9 Pac-12) in a Pac-12 matchup. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
USC Trojans at Utah Runnin’ Utes ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Runnin’ Utes fell to the UCLA Bruins, 69-58, while the Trojans were defeated by the 18th-ranked Colorado Buffaloes, 70-66.
USC had a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 17.7) while Utah forced UCLA into a turnover percentage of 25.2 (above their season average of 16.9). Utah was lifted by Timmy Allen, who put up 11 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Nick Rakocevic fueled USC with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Rakocevic led the Trojans to a 56-52 victory. He notched a double-double with 16 points and 15 rebounds. Making free throws was one of USC’s biggest strengths. They were 14-16 (87.5 percent), while the Runnin’ Utes were just 10-15 (66.7 percent).
A focal point for the Utah offense is getting to the free throw line. The Runnin’ Utes rank 57th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.270), but USC is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 58th by yielding a FTA rate of 0.187).
USC Trojans at Utah Runnin’ Utes Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Usc, ATS Winner – USC, O/U – Over
- USC ranks 17th in blocks per game (5.1) while Utah ranks 153rd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Trojans rank 38th in rebounds per game (39.0) while the Runnin’ Utes rank 132nd (35.9).
- Utah averages 5.6 steals per game, which ranks 188th in the nation. USC ranks 211th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- The Trojans average 14.5 assists per game, which ranks 65th in the nation. The Runnin’ Utes rank 176th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Utah ranks 123rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.1) while USC ranks 228th (24.0).
- The Runnin’ Utes have been outscored by an average of 5.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Utah has defeated opponents by an average of 0.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (1.3 below their season average).