The USC Trojans (12-3, 1-1 Pac-12) will be at Pauley Pavilion to clash against the UCLA Bruins (8-7, 1-1 Pac-12) in a Pac-12 matchup. The game starts at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
USC Trojans at UCLA Bruins ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Bruins were beaten by the Washington State Cougars, 79-71, while the Trojans got blown out by the Washington Huskies, 72-40.
USC had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.6 (above their season average of 31.4) while UCLA held Washington State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 31.2). UCLA’s Chris Smith had a good outing, finishing with 22 points and seven rebounds. Onyeka Okongwu, meanwhile fueled USC with 10 points and nine rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent game, the Bruins won 93-88. One of UCLA’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 28 free throw attempts, while USC had just seven. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for UCLA in this showdown. The Bruins are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 11th in offensive rebounding percentage at 36.9 percent. Meanwhile, USC ranks 171st in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 72.1 percent.
USC at UCLA Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UCLA, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Under
- UCLA ranks 88th in three pointers allowed per game (20.7) while USC ranks 230th (25.3).
- The Trojans rank 50th in assists per game (15.3) while the Bruins rank 122nd (13.5).
- USC ranks 25th in blocks per game (5.2) while UCLA ranks 85th (3.6).
- The Bruins rank 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while the Trojans rank 154th (35.9).
- UCLA ranks 50th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while USC ranks 179th (8.2).
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (5.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (1.8 below their season average).
- The Bruins have been outscored by an average of 6.6 points in their last five games. For the season, UCLA has defeated opponents by an average of 3.7 points.