Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (8-9, 3-1 MWC) head to Wyoming to play the Cowboys (5-12, 0-5 MWC). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels vs. Wyoming Cowboys Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Cowboys got blown out by the seventh-ranked San Diego State Aztecs, 72-52, while the Runnin’ Rebels fell to the Boise State Broncos, 73-66.
UNLV had a better offensive rebounding percentage (34.2 vs. 30.3) while Wyoming had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.5 (above their season average of 13.8). Wyoming’s Hunter Maldonado led the way, finishing with 18 points and seven rebounds. Bryce Hamilton played a pivotal role for UNLV with 19 points and seven rebounds.
The Runnin’ Rebels dominated this series last year, securing victories in both contests. In the last game, UNLV won 66-56. UNLV won the rebounding battle. The Runnin’ Rebels had seven offensive rebounds and 35 total rebounds, while the Cowboys had two and 25, respectively. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams battle. Wyoming currently ranks 321st in possessions per game (66.6) and UNLV is 313th (66.8).
UNLV vs. Wyoming Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Wyoming, ATS Winner – Wyoming, O/U – Under
- UNLV ranks 88th in rebounds per game (37.8) while Wyoming ranks 270th (29.9).
- The Cowboys rank 131st in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 172nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- The Cowboys rank 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 131st (3.9).
- UNLV ranks 194th in assists per game (11.9) while Wyoming ranks 247th (9.8).
- The Cowboys’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 6.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Rebels have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 60.6 points per game (6.7 below their season average).