The fourth-ranked San Diego State Aztecs (26-0, 15-0 MWC) try to remain undefeated when they meet the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (14-14, 9-6 MWC) at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels vs. San Diego State Aztecs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Aztecs were victorious over the Boise State Broncos 72-55, while the Runnin’ Rebels easily got past the Colorado State Rams 80-56.
UNLV dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 35.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.576 (above their season average of 0.490). Colorado State was 12.8 and 0.449, respectively, for those same stats. The Aztecs, meanwhile, forced 15 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.639 (above their season average of 0.550). San Diego State received a boost from Malachi Flynn, who had 22 points, six rebounds and six assists. Bryce Hamilton, meanwhile played well for UNLV, putting up 25 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Flynn led the Aztecs to a 71-67 win. He recorded 21 points. San Diego State did an excellent job of making free throws (18-21; 85.7 percent). UNLV, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (23.5 vs. 17.6).
The Runnin’ Rebels’ Hamilton has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 20 points,6.6 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Matt Mitchell has averaged 17 points during that same time frame for the Aztecs.
San Diego State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense squares off against one of the country’s worst defenses. The Aztecs currently rank third in offensive efficiency, while UNLV ranks 270th in defensive efficiency.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels vs. San Diego State Aztecs ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – San Diego State, ATS Winner – San Diego State, O/U – Over
- San Diego State averages 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 28th in the nation. UNLV ranks 217th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- The Aztecs rank 109th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 209th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- San Diego State ranks 36th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while UNLV ranks 118th (6.4).
- The Aztecs rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 125th (3.5).
- UNLV ranks 35th in rebounds per game (39.0) while San Diego State ranks 139th (35.7).
- The Aztecs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 19.0, up from 17.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Rebels have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (1.2 below their season average).