The UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (12-14, 7-6 MWC) will be at Dreamstyle Arena to go head-to-head against the New Mexico Lobos (17-9, 6-7 MWC) in a MWC matchup. The game starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels at New Mexico Lobos ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Lobos were blown out by the fourth-ranked San Diego State Aztecs, 82-59, while the Runnin’ Rebels lost a winnable game to the Nevada Wolf Pack, 82-79.
UNLV had a turnover percentage of 7.1 (better than their season average of 17.4) while New Mexico had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.6 (above their season average of 28.5). New Mexico’s Vante Hendrix led the way, putting up 20 points. UNLV, meanwhile, was lifted by Bryce Hamilton, who recorded 23 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Marvin Coleman led the Runnin’ Rebels to a 99-78 victory. He registered a triple-double with 11 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists. UNLV won the rebounding battle. The Runnin’ Rebels had 15 offensive rebounds and 47 total rebounds, while the Lobos had eight and 31, respectively.
The physical New Mexico offense could be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this contest. The Lobos currently rank 28th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.282, while UNLV ranks 318th in FTA rate allowed (0.286). Furthermore, the Runnin’ Rebels rank 18th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.3 percent), while the Lobos rank 276th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.9 percent).
UNLV at New Mexico Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – New Mexico, ATS Winner – New Mexico, O/U – Over
- UNLV ranks 95th in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while New Mexico ranks 289th in three pointers allowed per game (27.1).
- The Lobos rank 39th in steals per game (8.0) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 146th (5.9).
- New Mexico ranks 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while UNLV ranks 128th (3.6).
- The Lobos average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 30th in the nation. The Runnin’ Rebels rank 205th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- UNLV averages 38.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 39th in the country. New Mexico ranks 158th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- The Runnin’ Rebels have been outscored by an average of 7.8 points in their last five games. For the season, UNLV has defeated opponents by an average of 0.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Lobos have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (6.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.6 points per game (6.5 above their season average).