The Utah State Aggies (14-16, 7-10 MWC) and UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (19-11, 8-9 MWC) will square off at Dee Glen Smith Spectrum to wrap up the regular season. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 155 points with Utah State opening as a 1.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels vs. Utah State Aggies Odds Preview
The last time the Runnin’ Rebels played, they got blown out by the No. 21 Nevada Wolf Pack, 101-75. Brandon McCoy put together a solid performance for UNLV, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Nevada had a turnover percentage of 8.0 (better than their season average of 12.7). UNLV, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.8 (above their season average of 33.8).
The Aggies are hoping for a better outcome after their 64-62 loss to the San Jose State Spartans in their last matchup. Sam Merrill was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 9-for-16 shooting. San Jose State had a much better free throw rate (0.167 vs. 0.063). Utah State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 16.9).
Points at the line could be rare for Utah State in this battle. The Aggies rank 193rd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.233, while UNLV ranks 49th in FTA rate allowed (0.196).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring UNLV have gone over 65.5 percent of the time, while 59.3 percent of Utah State games have finished under. The Runnin’ Rebels have the clear advantage straight up (SU) (19-11 vs. 14-16) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (13-16-1 vs. 12-15).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 163 points, which was over the projected point total of 154.5. The Aggies won 85-78, covering as 10-point underdogs. Converting at the free throw line was one of Utah State’s biggest strengths. They were 13-16 (81.3 percent), while the Runnin’ Rebels were just 10-15 (66.7 percent). McCoy scored a game-high 23 points.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels vs. Utah State Aggies Odds Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Utah State, ATS Winner – Utah State, O/U – Under
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 37th in assists per game (16.1) while the Aggies rank 144th (13.6).
- UNLV ranks 171st in steals per game (5.6) while Utah State ranks 227th (4.9).
- UNLV is 5-6-1 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 6 unders.
- At home, Utah State is 6-6 ATS with 8 overs and 4 unders.
- Utah State ranks 45th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while UNLV ranks 296th (16.7).
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 10th in rebounds per game (40.7) while the Aggies rank 227th (33.6).
- UNLV ranks 36th in blocks per game (4.4) while Utah State ranks 216th (2.1).
- Utah State is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UNLV is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Aggies have been outscored by an average of 5.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Utah State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Rebels have scored an average of 73.2 points per game (10.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 87.2 points per game (9.6 above their season average).