The San Jose State Spartans (7-22, 3-14 MWC) welcome the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (16-14, 11-6 MWC) to Provident Credit Union Event Center as the regular season wraps up. The game is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels vs. San Jose State Spartans Betting Odds
In their last game, the Spartans were blown out by the Utah State Aggies, 94-56, while the Runnin’ Rebels were victorious over the Boise State Broncos, 76-66.
UNLV’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Boise State. The Runnin’ Rebels had a rate of 0.564 (above their season average of 0.493), while the Broncos posted a mark of 0.383 (below their season average of 0.531). San Jose State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (17.5 vs. 13.8). San Jose State was lifted by Seneca Knight, who recorded 13 points, six rebounds and five assists. Amauri Hardy, meanwhile had a good game for UNLV, finishing with 24 points, six rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Cheikh Mbacke Diong led the Runnin’ Rebels to a 98-87 victory. He registered a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds. The Runnin’ Rebels’ 48.1 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Spartans, who had a mark of 22.0.
It could be a tough game for San Jose State on the offensive glass. The Spartans are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 287th in offensive rebounding percentage at 24.7 percent. Meanwhile, UNLV ranks 34th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.1 percent.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels at San Jose State Spartans Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Unlv, ATS Winner – UNLV, O/U – Under
- UNLV ranks 37th in rebounds per game (39.1) while San Jose State ranks 281st in rebounds allowed per game (40.6).
- The Spartans rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 116th (3.4).
- UNLV averages 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 139th in the nation. San Jose State ranks 199th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Spartans rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (28.0) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 232nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- UNLV averages 12.5 assists per game, which ranks 169th in the nation. San Jose State ranks 280th in assists allowed per game (18.8).
- The Spartans’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.6, up from 11.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Rebels have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (4.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (2.2 below their season average).