The SMU Mustangs (4-0) and the UNI Panthers (3-1) go head-to-head in the Battle 4 Atlantis at Imperial Arena at Atlantis Resort. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
UNI Panthers vs. SMU Mustangs Free Preview
The Panthers dismantled the Chicago State Cougars in their last game, 82-44. Bennett Koch was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-9 shooting. UNI played a flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 27.7) and a free throw rate of 0.254 (above their season average of 0.175). For those same stats, Chicago State put up marks of 17.9 and 0.111, respectively.
In the Mustangs last matchup, they thoroughly outplayed the UAPB Golden Lions, 72-37. SMUs Ben Emelogu II had a solid performance, finishing with 13 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. SMU dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0 (below their season average of 38.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.602 (above their season average of 0.569). UAPB put up marks of 10.8 and 0.315, respectively, for those same stats.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of SMU takes on the stingy defense of UNI. Dating back to last season, the Mustangs rank sixth in offensive efficiency, while the Panthers are 31st in defensive efficiency.
UNI Panthers vs. SMU Mustangs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mustangs rank 24th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Panthers rank 139th (6.1).
- UNI ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while SMU ranks 74th (2.9).
- SMU ranks 23rd in assists per game (16.5) while UNI ranks 312th (10.3).
- The Mustangs rank 53rd in rebounds per game (38.3) while the Panthers rank 311th (31.0).
- UNI averages 23.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 67th in the nation. SMU ranks 299th in three pointers allowed per game (24.8).