The UNI Panthers (22-4, 11-3 MVC) will be at the Hulman Center to clash with the Indiana State Sycamores (14-11, 7-7 MVC) in a MVC matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
UNI Panthers at Indiana State Sycamores ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Sycamores fell to the Missouri State Bears, 71-58, while the Panthers were defeated by the Loyola Chicago Ramblers, 82-73.
UNI had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 21.1) while Indiana State had a turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 16.1). Indiana State’s Jordan Barnes had a solid performance, putting up 14 points. Austin Phyfe, meanwhile played a pivotal role for UNI with 12 points, 17 rebounds and seven assists.
In their first matchup this season, Phyfe led the Panthers to a 68-60 win. He registered a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds. UNI’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Panthers had 10 offensive rebounds and 33 total rebounds, while the Sycamores had four and 20, respectively.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams clash. Indiana State currently ranks 321st in possessions per game (65.9) and UNI is 281st (67.1). Moreover, the Panthers’ fifth-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.570) will face off against the Sycamores’ 259th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.509).
UNI vs. Indiana State Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Indiana State, ATS Winner – Indiana State, O/U – Over
- UNI ranks 76th in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while Indiana State ranks 252nd (18.6).
- The Panthers rank 28th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Sycamores rank 134th (12.5).
- UNI ranks sixth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while Indiana State ranks 63rd (2.9).
- The Panthers rank 86th in rebounds per game (37.2) while the Sycamores rank 257th (32.4).
- Indiana State ranks 33rd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while UNI ranks 183rd (7.2).
- During their last five games, the Sycamores have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, down from 11.1 for the season.