The UNI Panthers (13-14, 5-10 MVC) can snap an eight-game road losing streak when they challenge the Illinois State Redbirds (14-13, 8-7 MVC) at Redbird Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
UNI Panthers at Illinois State Redbirds Free Preview
In the Panthers last outing, they defeated the Evansville Aces, 47-41. With 10 points and nine rebounds, UNI’s Bennett Koch put together a good game. UNI played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.222 (above their season average of 0.218) and a turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 16.5). Evansville was 0.000 and 18.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The Redbirds are hoping for a better outcome after their 70-58 loss to the Bradley Braves in their last matchup. Milik Yarbrough was the games high scorer with 25 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Bradley had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 32.5). Illinois State, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (16-21; 76.2 percent).
The ineffective offense of Illinois State will clash against the stingy defense of UNI. The Redbirds currently rank 269th in offensive efficiency, while the Panthers are 30th in defensive efficiency. The Panthers figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Koch has taken his game to another level over the last five games for UNI, averaging 11.8 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Panthers won 83-72. The Panthers played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.377 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.594. For those same stats, the Redbirds were 0.031 and 0.538, respectively. In the loss, Yarbrough recorded a double-double with 20 points and 13 rebounds.
UNI Panthers at Illinois State Redbirds Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Under
- The Redbirds average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 79th in the nation. The Panthers rank 132nd in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Illinois State ranks 87th in blocks per game (3.7) while UNI ranks 117th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- UNI ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while Illinois State ranks 198th (14.4).
- The Panthers rank 105th in rebounds allowed per game (33.8) while the Redbirds rank 275th (39.0).
- Illinois State ranks 25th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while UNI ranks 141st (22.0).
- The Redbirds have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. On the season, Illinois State has been defeated by an average of 2.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 60.0 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average).