The Grand Canyon Antelopes (4-7) will be at home in Grand Canyon University Arena when they clash with the UNI Panthers (9-1). The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 12, 2019, and will air on ESPN 3.
UNI Panthers vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Antelopes lost to the Liberty Flames, 70-61, while the Panthers won a close one over the 24th-ranked Colorado Buffaloes, 79-76.
The Panthers, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4, had an absurd mark of 44.1 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.586 (above their season average of 0.558). Grand Canyon, meanwhile, held Liberty to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (below their season average of 27.9). Isiah Brown put together a good performance for Grand Canyon with 16 points and eight rebounds. UNI was lifted by AJ Green, who contributed 20 points.
The Antelopes won the only contest between these two teams last year, 73-62. Grand Canyon won the rebounding battle. The Antelopes had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. 10), defensive rebounds (26 vs. 20) and total rebounds (41 vs. 30). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Grand Canyon ranks 270th in possessions per game (67.7) and UNI is 304th (66.5). Furthermore, the Panthers rank 13th in offensive efficiency (114.7), while the Antelopes rank 278th in defensive efficiency (104.4).
UNI Panthers vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Over
- UNI ranks 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Grand Canyon ranks 212th (19.7).
- The Panthers rank 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while the Antelopes rank 49th (2.8).
- The Panthers rank 84th in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Antelopes rank 232nd (32.6).
- UNI ranks seventh in assists allowed per game (8.7) while Grand Canyon ranks 150th (13.2).
- During their last five games, the Antelopes have scored an average of 64.4 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (2.7 below their season average).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.0, up from 13.7 for the season.