The Drake Bulldogs (18-12, 8-9 MVC) welcome the UNI Panthers (24-5, 13-4 MVC) to Knapp Center as the regular season comes to a close. The game starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
UNI Panthers at Drake Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulldogs fell to the Loyola Chicago Ramblers, 64-60, while the Panthers dismantled the Evansville Aces, 84-64.
UNI played a flawless game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.716 (above their season average of 0.561) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 29.9). Evansville was 0.500 and 16.1, respectively, for those same stats. Drake, meanwhile, held Loyola Chicago to an effective field goal percentage of 0.479 (below their season average of 0.559). Drake’s Garrett Sturtz had a solid performance, contributing 17 points and eight rebounds. Trae Berhow played a key role for UNI with 16 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, AJ Green led the Panthers to an 83-73 win. He scored a game-high 34 points. One of UNI’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Drake had just nine.
It might be a tough matchup for Drake on the offensive glass. The Bulldogs rank 300th in offensive rebounding percentage (23.8 percent), while UNI ranks 14th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.6 percent).
UNI at Drake Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Under
- Drake ranks 25th in assists per game (15.3) while UNI ranks 181st (12.3).
- The Panthers are fifth in the nation with 2.1 blocks allowed per game while the Bulldogs are 37th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- UNI is 10th in the NCAA with 30.1 rebounds allowed per game while Drake is 31st with 31.6 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Panthers average 24.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 87th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 194th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- Drake ranks 170th in steals per game (5.7) while UNI ranks 239th (4.6).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 7.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Drake has defeated opponents by an average of 2.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (0.6 above their season average).