The UNI Panthers (13-15, 5-11 MVC) will travel to Athletics-Recreation Center to clash with the Valparaiso Crusaders (14-15, 5-11 MVC) in their home finale. Valparaiso opened as a 4-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 129.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 20, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
UNI Panthers at Valparaiso Crusaders Betting Preview
In the Panthers last outing, they lost to the Illinois State Redbirds, 79-75. With 20 points on 7-for-11 shooting, Klint Carlson led UNI in scoring. Illinois State was lights out from beyond the arc (15-27; 55.6 percent). UNI, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.2 (above their season average of 24.7).
The Crusaders come in on a high note after topping the Bradley Braves in their last game, 77-64. Valparaiso received a boost from Markus Golder, who was the teams leading scorer with 16 points on 6-for-8 shooting. The Crusaders knocked down 25 of their 28 free throws (89.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.650 (above their season average of 0.505).
The ineffective offense of Valparaiso (278th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 101.1) will go head-to-head against the elite defense of UNI (44th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 97.7). The Panthers should have the advantage on that end of the court. ,
Of UNI’s 24 games that accepted bets, 12 have finished over the O/U total, while 17 of Valparaiso’s 26 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have middling straight up (SU) records (13-15 for UNI; 14-15 for Valparaiso), but the Crusaders have the edge against the spread (ATS). Valparaiso is 13-12-1 ATS, while the Panthers are 7-16-1.
Bakari Evelyn has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Valparaiso, averaging 16.2 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Panthers won 81-76. The Panthers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.674 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 29.6. The Crusaders were 0.136 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats. In the victory, Tywhon Pickford led all scorers with 23 points.
UNI Panthers vs. Valparaiso Crusaders Free Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Over
- The Crusaders rank 41st in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while the Panthers rank 117th (21.2).
- Valparaiso is 6-4 ATS at home, while UNI is 2-10-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 7 of the Panthers 13 road games, while 6 of the Crusaders 10 home games have gone under.
- Valparaiso ranks 31st in steals per game (7.6) while UNI ranks 169th (5.6).
- The Panthers rank 19th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Crusaders rank 103rd (12.9).
- Valparaiso ranks 34th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while UNI ranks 111th (3.4).
- Valparaiso is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UNI is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Crusaders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 2.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (3.5 above their season average).