The Drexel Dragons (12-18, 6-11 CAA) and UNCW Seahawks (9-20, 6-11 CAA) will face off at John A Daskalakis Center to wrap up the regular season. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
UNCW Seahawks at Drexel Dragons ATS Preview
In the Seahawks last matchup, they lost to the William & Mary Tribe, 96-83. Devontae Cacok had a good game for UNCW, finishing with 18 points and 12 rebounds. William & Mary did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (23-26; 88.5 percent). UNCW, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.5 vs. 25.0).
The Dragons come in on a high note after narrowly defeating the Delaware Fightin Blue Hens in their last contest, 85-83. With 29 points on 11-for-24 shooting, Tramaine Isabell was the top scorer from either team. The Dragons held the Fightin Blue Hens to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.6 (below their season average of 28.4) and had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 15.5).
UNCW could own the offensive glass in this battle. The Seahawks rank 34th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.3 percent), while Drexel ranks 273rd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.4 percent).
Isabell has been excellent over the last five games for Drexel, averaging 25.0 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Seahawks won 107-87. The Seahawks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 43.8 and an absurd free throw rate of 0.413. The Dragons were 17.1 and 0.234, respectively, for those same stats. Cacok put up a double-double in the victory with 23 points and 16 rebounds.
UNCW Seahawks at Drexel Dragons Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – UNCW, ATS Winner – UNCW, O/U – Over
- UNCW ranks 53rd in assists per game (15.5) while Drexel ranks 243rd (11.5).
- The Seahawks average 40.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 10th in the nation. The Dragons rank 190th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- Drexel ranks 185th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while UNCW ranks 200th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Dragons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 4.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 79.0 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (7.6 below their season average).