The UNCW Seahawks (8-18, 3-10 CAA) will be at Matthews Arena to challenge the Northeastern Huskies (11-13, 5-7 CAA) in a CAA matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
UNCW Seahawks at Northeastern Huskies ATS Odds
In their last game, the Huskies lost to the Hofstra Pride, 75-71, while the Seahawks beat the William & Mary Tribe, 70-64.
The Seahawks knocked down 15 of their 20 free throws (75.0 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 17.2). Northeastern, meanwhile, held Hofstra to an effective field goal percentage of 0.464 (below their season average of 0.515). Northeastern received a boost from Jordan Roland, who had 32 points and five rebounds. Ty Gadsden, meanwhile fueled UNCW with 14 points.
In their first matchup this season, Mike Okauru led the Seahawks to a 76-74 victory. He recorded a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. UNCW had a better effective field goal percentage (0.553 vs. 0.476). Northeastern, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 15.2).
The high-octane offense of Northeastern (60th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 108.5) will battle against the bottom-tier defense of UNCW (265th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 103.4). The Huskies should have the advantage on that end of the court. Furthermore, put-back points figure to be rare for the Seahawks. They rank 274th in the NCAA in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.2 percent, while the Huskies are 37th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 76.0 percent).
UNCW Seahawks vs. Northeastern Huskies Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northeastern, ATS Winner – Northeastern, O/U – Over
- Northeastern ranks 13th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while UNCW ranks 224th (37.0).
- The Huskies average 22.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 141st in the country. The Seahawks rank 201st in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- Northeastern is 17th in the country with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while UNCW is 32nd with 2.5 blocks allowed per game.
- The Huskies rank 16th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while the Seahawks rank 144th (12.7).
- Northeastern ranks 43rd in steals per game (8.0) while UNCW ranks 131st (6.3).
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 66.0 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average).
- The Huskies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 5.0 for the season.