The Hofstra Pride (19-7, 10-3 CAA) welcome the UNCW Seahawks (8-19, 3-11 CAA) to Mack Sports Complex. The Pride look to extend their five-game winning streak. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
UNCW Seahawks vs. Hofstra Pride Betting Odds
In their last game, the Pride were victorious over the Charleston Cougars, 76-63, while the Seahawks were beaten by the Northeastern Huskies, 71-63.
Hofstra played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.0 (below their season average of 29.3) and a free throw rate of 0.208 (below their season average of 0.257). For those same stats, Charleston was 12.9 and 0.109, respectively. UNCW, meanwhile, made nine of their 22 three pointers (40.9 percent). Hofstra rallied around Eli Pemberton, who finished with 28 points and five rebounds. Jaylen Sims, meanwhile fueled UNCW with 17 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Tareq Coburn led the Pride to a 63-61 win. He recorded 15 points and nine rebounds. Hofstra’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over UNCW. The Pride had a rate of 0.538 while the Seahawks posted a mark of 0.432.
Hofstra could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense squares off against one of the country’s worst defenses. The Pride currently rank 37th in offensive efficiency, while UNCW ranks 265th in defensive efficiency.
UNCW Seahawks at Hofstra Pride Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Hofstra, ATS Winner – Hofstra, O/U – Under
- Hofstra averages 35.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 162nd in the nation. UNCW ranks 222nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- The Seahawks are 27th in the NCAA with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while the Pride are 29th with 2.5 blocks allowed per game.
- The Pride rank 78th in steals per game (7.1) while the Seahawks rank 132nd in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Hofstra ranks 160th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while UNCW ranks 179th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (0.7 below their season average).
- The Pride’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 7.2 for the season.