The UNCW Seahawks (6-15, 1-7 CAA) visit TD Arena to go head-to-head against the Charleston Cougars (12-8, 6-2 CAA). The Seahawks will try to snap a seven-game road losing streak. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
UNCW Seahawks vs. Charleston Cougars Betting Odds
Both teams edged out their last opponent. The Cougars defeated the Hofstra Pride 69-67, while the Seahawks beat the Northeastern Huskies 76-74.
The Seahawks had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.553 (above their season average of 0.494) and had a free throw rate of 0.228 (above their season average of 0.205). Charleston, meanwhile, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 24.4) and a free throw rate of 0.186 (matching their season average). Hofstra recorded marks of 15.4 and 0.135, respectively, for those same stats. Grant Riller was a key piece for Charleston with 17 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Mike Okauru, meanwhile played well for UNCW, putting up 16 points, 10 rebounds and six assists.
The Cougars dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Charleston won 70-61. Charleston’s 0.474 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over UNCW, who had a mark of 0.341. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
UNCW could struggle to create turnovers. Charleston ranks 57th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.3 percent), while UNCW forces the 186th-most turnovers (19.4 percent).
UNCW Seahawks vs. Charleston Cougars ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Charleston, ATS Winner – Charleston, O/U – Under
- Charleston ranks 41st in steals allowed per game (5.5) while UNCW ranks 126th (6.6).
- The Seahawks rank 199th in rebounds per game (34.5) while the Cougars rank 228th (33.7).
- The Seahawks rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Cougars rank 118th (3.7).
- UNCW ranks 159th in assists per game (12.6) while Charleston ranks 225th (10.8).
- The Cougars’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average).