The UNCG Spartans (22-6, 12-3 SoCon) head to Cameron Hall to square off against the VMI Keydets (8-20, 3-12 SoCon). The Spartans will attempt to extend their five-game winning streak. The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
UNCG Spartans vs. VMI Keydets ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Keydets edged the Western Carolina Catamounts 74-71, while the Spartans defeated the Wofford Terriers 83-79.
UNCG played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.361 (above their season average of 0.158) and a turnover percentage of 12.7 (better than their season average of 13.9). For those same stats, Wofford had marks of 0.167 and 21.5, respectively. Meanwhile, VMI’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Western Carolina. The Keydets had a rate of 0.602 (above their season average of 0.516), while the Catamounts posted a mark of 0.449 (below their season average of 0.550). Travis Evee put together a good performance for VMI with 25 points. Meanwhile, James Dickey had a good game for UNCG, contributing 12 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Isaiah Miller led the Spartans to a 74-63 victory. He scored a game-high 23 points. UNCG out-rebounded VMI. The Spartans had 11 offensive rebounds and 35 total rebounds, while the Keydets had six and 26, respectively.
The offense of VMI (111th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 105.8) will face off against the stingy defense of UNCG (eighth in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 88.8). The Spartans figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
UNCG Spartans vs. VMI Keydets Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UNCG, ATS Winner – UNCG, O/U – Under
- UNCG ranks 24th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while VMI ranks 179th (13.4).
- The Spartans rank fifth in steals per game (9.8) while the Keydets rank 97th (6.8).
- UNCG ranks 86th in rebounds per game (37.3) while VMI ranks 163rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- The Spartans rank 26th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while the Keydets rank 159th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0).
- UNCG ranks 43rd in blocks per game (4.3) while VMI ranks 175th (2.4).
- During their last five games, the Keydets have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (4.0 above their season average).
- The Spartans’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.8, up from 13.4 for the season.