The North Carolina State Wolfpack (8-2) will be at home in PNC Arena when they square off with the UNCG Spartans (7-3). Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
UNCG Spartans at North Carolina State Wolfpack ATS Preview
The last time the Spartans played, they defeated the UNCW Seahawks, 71-58. With 15 points and six rebounds, Marvin Smith put together a good performance for UNCG. The Spartans forced 17 turnovers and held the Seahawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.361 (below their season average of 0.515).
The Wolfpack hope to keep it rolling after thoroughly outplaying the UMKC Kangaroos in their last game, 88-69. North Carolina State was lifted by Torin Dorn, who was the games high scorer with 22 points on 9-for-14 shooting. North Carolina State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.221 (below their season average of 0.295) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.9 (above their season average of 36.6). For those same stats, UMKC had marks of 0.118 and 26.1, respectively.
Opposite styles will be on display in this contest. North Carolina State prefers a fast-breaking style of play (59th in possessions per game), while UNCG is methodical (266th in possessions per game). Moreover, the Spartans could control the offensive glass in this matchup as they rank 54th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.3 percent. The Wolfpack, meanwhile, rank 302nd at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 67.5 percent.
UNCG Spartans vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNCG, ATS Winner – UNCG, O/U – Over
- The Wolfpack rank 34th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while the Spartans rank 81st (19.4).
- North Carolina State ranks 18th in steals per game (8.7) while UNCG ranks 134th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Spartans rank 39th in blocks allowed per game (1.7) while the Wolfpack rank 134th (3.7).
- UNCG ranks 42nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while North Carolina State ranks 133rd (34.9).
- The Wolfpack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, down from 14.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 6.4 points per game (7.5 above their season average).