The Furman Paladins (14-3, 4-0 SoCon) and their phenomenal offense host the UNCG Spartans (12-5, 2-2 SoCon) and their tremendous defense. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
UNCG Spartans at Furman Paladins ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Paladins beat the Chattanooga Mocs, 73-66, while the Spartans lost to the East Tennessee State Buccaneers, 64-57.
The Paladins had a turnover percentage of 10.1 (better than their season average of 15.2) and held the Mocs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 28.6). UNCG, on the other hand, forced East Tennessee State into a turnover percentage of 22.9 (above their season average of 16.1). Mike Bothwell had a good game for Furman, putting up 27 points. UNCG, meanwhile, received a boost from Isaiah Miller, who recorded 24 points.
The Spartans edged out the Paladins in this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the most recent contest, UNCG won 66-62. UNCG’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Spartans had 16 offensive rebounds and 39 total rebounds, while the Paladins had six and 28, respectively. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This showdown pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Furman ranks 18th in offensive efficiency and UNCG is 12th in defensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Spartans rank 44th in turnover percentage (16.9 percent), while the Paladins rank 33rd in opponents’ turnover percentage (23.8 percent).
UNCG vs. Furman Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Furman, ATS Winner – Furman, O/U – Under
- UNCG ranks ninth in assists allowed per game (9.1) while Furman ranks 142nd (13.1).
- The Spartans rank 45th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Paladins rank 123rd (2.9).
- UNCG ranks 18th in steals per game (9.4) while Furman ranks 83rd in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- The Spartans rank 111th in rebounds per game (37.0) while the Paladins rank 241st (32.7).
- UNCG ranks 26th in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while Furman ranks 130th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- The Spartans’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.0, up from 14.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Paladins have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average).