The Chattanooga Mocs (18-12, 9-8 SoCon) welcome the UNCG Spartans (23-7, 13-4 SoCon) to McKenzie Arena as the regular season wraps up. The game gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
UNCG Spartans vs. Chattanooga Mocs Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Mocs were victorious over the VMI Keydets, 71-64, while the Spartans lost to the Furman Paladins, 81-67.
The Mocs had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.434 (above their season average of 0.199) and had a turnover percentage of 11.6 (better than their season average of 15.6). UNCG, meanwhile, held Furman to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.0 (below the 26.7 mark opponents have averaged against UNCG this season). Matt Ryan played a pivotal role for Chattanooga with 18 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, James Dickey led the way for UNCG, putting up 15 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Isaiah Miller led the Spartans to a 72-52 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 26 points. The Spartans’ 14.4 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Mocs, who had a rate of 24.2.
The Spartans’ Dickey has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 13 rebounds,12.0 points per game. Meanwhile, Ryan has averaged 21 points,6.8 rebounds during that same time frame for the Mocs.
UNCG could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. UNCG ranks 40th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Chattanooga forces the 73rd-fewest turnovers (17.6 percent).
UNCG Spartans vs. Chattanooga Mocs Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Chattanooga, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Over
- UNCG ranks sixth in steals per game (9.5) while Chattanooga ranks 232nd (4.8).
- The Spartans rank 45th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Mocs rank 78th (11.6).
- The Spartans rank 45th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Mocs rank 224th (1.4).
- UNCG ranks 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while Chattanooga ranks 115th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9).
- The Mocs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 4.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (6.7 above their season average).