The UNCG Spartans (20-6, 10-3 SoCon) will be at Hawkins Arena to meet the Mercer Bears (13-13, 7-6 SoCon) in a SoCon matchup. Action begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
UNCG Spartans vs. Mercer Bears ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bears barely escaped the Wofford Terriers 70-68, while the Spartans dismantled the Western Carolina Catamounts 82-62.
The Spartans had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.573 (above their season average of 0.504) and had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 14.0). Mercer, meanwhile, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.278 (above their season average of 0.205) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.509 (below their season average of 0.512). For those same stats, Wofford put up marks of 0.230 and 0.443, respectively. Mercer’s Maciej Bender played well, putting up 18 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, UNCG was led by Isaiah Miller, who contributed 20 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Miller led the Spartans to a 72-63 victory. He scored a game-high 31 points. The Spartans’ 14.3 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Bears, who had a rate of 31.6.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Mercer. Mercer ranks 308th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.4 percent), while the disruptive defense of UNCG forces the third-most turnovers in the country (27.3 percent).
UNCG vs. Mercer ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UNCG, ATS Winner – UNCG, O/U – Over
- UNCG ranks sixth in steals per game (9.9) while Mercer ranks 185th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Spartans rank 44th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Bears rank 157th (2.6).
- Mercer ranks 40th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while UNCG ranks 98th (33.7).
- The Spartans average 27.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 22nd in the nation. The Bears rank 200th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- UNCG ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Mercer ranks 147th (12.9).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (2.4 below their season average).
- The Spartans’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.0, down from 13.8 for the season.