The third-ranked Kansas Jayhawks (0-1) get their home schedule started at Allen Fieldhouse against the UNCG Spartans (1-0). The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019, and will air on ESPNU.
UNCG Spartans at Kansas Jayhawks Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Jayhawks lost a winnable game to the fourth-ranked Duke Blue Devils, 68-66, while the Spartans dismantled the North Carolina A&T Aggies, 83-50.
UNCG dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.8 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.0. For those same stats, North Carolina A&T recorded marks of 24.9 and 21.1, respectively. Kansas, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.320 vs. 0.219). Kansas was lifted by Marcus Garrett, who put up 12 points, five rebounds and five assists. Kaleb Hunter had a solid performance for UNCG, putting up 17 points and seven rebounds.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Kansas offense. Since last season, Kansas ranks 240th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.5 percent), while the pesky defense of UNCG has forced the 10th-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.8 percent).
UNCG Spartans at Kansas Jayhawks Odds Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – UNCG, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- UNCG ranks 94th in three pointers allowed per game (21.2) while Kansas ranks 280th (25.5).
- The Spartans rank 46th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Jayhawks rank 164th (13.1).
- UNCG ranks 87th in blocks per game (3.9) while Kansas ranks 143rd in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Spartans average 8.8 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the nation. The Jayhawks rank 187th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Kansas ranks 42nd in rebounds per game (38.3) while UNCG ranks 180th (35.0).