The Vanderbilt Commodores (1-1) will be at home in Memorial Gym when they meet the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (1-1). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs vs. Vanderbilt Commodores Betting Preview
The Bulldogs easily got past the Lees-McRae Bobcats in their last contest, 92-60. Raekwon Miller was the games leading scorer with 14 points on 5-for-6 shooting. UNC Asheville dominated every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.568. For those same stats, Lees-McRae was 14.3 and 0.398, respectively.
In the Commodores last matchup, they were blown out by the Belmont Bruins, 69-60. With 13 points and 12 rebounds, Vanderbilts Jeff Roberson played well. Belmont had a much better turnover percentage (13.3 vs. 19.6). Vanderbilt, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 vs. 18.9).
It could be a tough game for Vanderbilt on the offensive glass. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Commodores rank 302nd in offensive rebounding percentage (25.4 percent), while UNC Asheville ranks 57th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.8 percent).
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at Vanderbilt Commodores Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Vanderbilt, ATS Winner – Vanderbilt, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Commodores rank 37th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Bulldogs rank 197th (13.8).
- Vanderbilt ranks 215th in rebounds per game (34.8) while UNC Asheville ranks 248th (33.9).
- UNC Asheville ranks seventh in steals per game (9.4) while Vanderbilt ranks 287th (4.3).
- The Commodores rank 15th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while the Bulldogs rank 204th (20.1).
- Vanderbilt ranks 91st in blocks per game (3.8) while UNC Asheville ranks 267th (1.9).