The Radford Highlanders (17-9, 12-2 BigSou) welcome the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (12-13, 6-8 BigSou) to Dedmon Center. The Highlanders are a 10-point favorite and will attempt to continue their seven-game winning streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 147 points and it can be seen on ESPNU at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs vs. Radford Highlanders ATS Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last matchup. The Highlanders (2-point favorites) defeated the Campbell Fighting Camels 73-60, while the Bulldogs (3.5-point favorites) beat the Charleston Southern Buccaneers 79-75. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Radford game finished 3 points over the projected point total of 130, while the UNC Asheville game went 10 points over the projected point total of 144.
UNC Asheville dominated every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.352 (above their season average of 0.202) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (below their season average of 25.5). For those same stats, Charleston Southern was 0.167 and 20.0, respectively. Meanwhile, Radford dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 30.1) and a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 14.3). For those same stats, Campbell was 16.1 and 19.4, respectively. Radford’s Carlik Jones played well, finishing with 18 points and six rebounds. UNC Asheville was led by DeVon Baker, who put up 27 points.
In their first matchup this year, Tajion Jones led the Bulldogs to an 80-67 win. He scored a game-high 29 points. UNC Asheville covered as a 4-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 147 points, which was over the projected point total of 141. UNC Asheville’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Radford. The Bulldogs had a rate of 0.360, while the Highlanders posted a mark of 0.224.
Of the Bulldogs’ 23 games that accepted bets, 13 have finished over the O/U total. UNC Asheville holds records of 12-13 straight up (SU) and 10-13 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with UNC Asheville, Highlanders games also have a tendency to finish over the O/U total (58.3 percent). Additionally, Radford owns records of 17-9 SU and 11-12-1 ATS.
The high-octane offense of Radford will battle against the porous defense of UNC Asheville. The Highlanders currently rank 36th in offensive efficiency, while the Bulldogs are 290th in defensive efficiency. The Highlanders figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. Furthermore, the Bulldogs rank 48th in turnover percentage (16.9 percent), while the Highlanders rank 286th in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.6 percent).
UNC Asheville at Radford Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Over
- UNC Asheville ranks 10th in three pointers allowed per game (16.9) while Radford ranks 266th (25.1).
- The Highlanders rank 128th in assists per game (13.3) while the Bulldogs rank 227th (11.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 25th in steals per game (8.4) while the Highlanders rank 190th (5.5).
- Radford ranks 113th in rebounds per game (36.2) while UNC Asheville ranks 275th (31.2).
- Radford is 1-7 ATS at home, while UNC Asheville is 6-6 ATS on the road.
- Of the Bulldogs’ 12 road games, they have 6 overs, 5 unders and 1 push.
- The Highlanders have 6 overs and 2 unders in 8 home games.
- The Highlanders are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Bulldogs are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Radford has 5 overs, while UNC Asheville has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Highlanders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.2 points per game (5.0 above their season average).