The Hampton Pirates (6-8, 1-0 BigSou) welcome the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (2-14, 0-2 BigSou) to Hampton Convocation Center. The Bulldogs will attempt to end a 10-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at Hampton Pirates Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Pirates were victorious over the Charleston Southern Buccaneers, 94-82, while the Bulldogs lost to the Longwood Lancers, 67-62.
Hampton launched 25 three pointers, making 13 of them (52.0 percent). Charleston Southern, meanwhile, was 9-33 (27.3 percent). UNC Asheville, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 16.3 (better than their season average of 21.9). Jermaine Marrow played well for Hampton with 35 points and six assists. Devon Baker had a good game for UNC Asheville, finishing with 14 points and six assists.
Baker has been playing at a high level as of late for UNC Asheville, averaging 22 points,4.0 assists over the last five games.
Contrasting paces will be on display in this matchup. Hampton prefers an up-and-down style of play (16th in possessions per game), while UNC Asheville is slower-paced (342nd in possessions per game).
UNC Asheville Bulldogs vs. Hampton Pirates Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Hampton, O/U – Over
- Hampton ranks 13th in rebounds per game (41.4) while UNC Asheville ranks 248th (29.7).
- The Pirates average 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 123rd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Hampton ranks 93rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while UNC Asheville ranks 119th in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- The Pirates average 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 96th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 228th in assists allowed per game (17.1).
- Hampton ranks 103rd in steals per game (6.5) while UNC Asheville ranks 171st in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- During their last five games, the Pirates have scored an average of 81.2 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (2.6 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.6, down from 16.0 for the season.