The Austin Peay Governors (1-2) will be at home in Winfield Dunn Center when they clash against the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (1-2). Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at Austin Peay Governors Betting Preview
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they lost a close one to the Vanderbilt Commodores, 79-76. UNC Ashevilles MaCio Teague recorded 18 points and six rebounds in the game. Vanderbilt did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (22-29; 75.9 percent). UNC Asheville, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 vs. 22.6).
The Governors come in on a high note after blowing out the Oakland City Mighty Oaks in their last outing, 109-50. With 25 points on 11-for-16 shooting, Dayton Gumm was the top scorer from either team. Austin Peay played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 55.3 and a turnover percentage of 13.2. Oakland City was 12.1 and 32.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Second-chance points could be rare for Austin Peay in this matchup. Dating back to last season, the Governors rank 298th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.5 percent), while UNC Asheville ranks 55th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.9 percent). Moreover, the Bulldogs 41st-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.543) will battle against the Governors 344th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.561).
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at Austin Peay Governors Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Austin Peay, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 174th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4) while the Governors rank 255th (23.2).
- Austin Peay ranks 238th in blocks per game (2.4) while UNC Asheville ranks 271st (1.9).
- UNC Asheville ranks 58th in assists per game (15.4) while Austin Peay ranks 288th (11.3).
- The Bulldogs rank seventh in steals per game (9.3) while the Governors rank 182nd (5.8).
- UNC Asheville ranks 114th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3) while Austin Peay ranks 227th (36.8).