The Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (13-17, 8-9 BigSou) and UNC Asheville Bulldogs (20-10, 13-4 BigSou) will battle at Paul Porter Arena to bring the regular season to an end. Action begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs Betting Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they beat the Winthrop Eagles, 89-75. With 16 points, 13 rebounds and five blocks, UNC Asheville’s Jonathan Baehre had a solid game. The Bulldogs held the Eagles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.2 (below their season average of 27.4) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.658 (above their season average of 0.548).
The Runnin’ Bulldogs hope to keep it rolling after beating the Presbyterian Blue Hose in their last outing, 78-63. With 31 points on 10-for-15 shooting, David Efianayi was the games leading scorer. Gardner-Webb dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.241 (above their season average of 0.202) and a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 17.6). For those same stats, Presbyterian was 0.051 and 14.0, respectively.
Second-chance opportunities might be hard to come by for Gardner-Webb in this contest. The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 274th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.0 percent), while UNC Asheville ranks 48th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.8 percent).
Liam O’Reilly has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Gardner-Webb, averaging 17.2 points, 5.4 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bulldogs won 65-60. The Bulldogs turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Runnin’ Bulldogs. UNC Asheville had a rate of 11.5, while Gardner-Webb posted a mark of 21.2. DJ Laster had a stellar game with 25 points and six rebounds.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Over
- UNC Asheville averages 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. Gardner-Webb ranks 207th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 46th in steals per game (7.4) while the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 172nd in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- UNC Asheville ranks 39th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while Gardner-Webb ranks 165th (35.0).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (1.8 above their season average).