The High Point Panthers (9-20, 6-10 BigSou) wrap up their home schedule at Millis Center against the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (13-14, 7-9 BigSou). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at High Point Panthers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Panthers lost a tough one against the Longwood Lancers, 57-54, while the Bulldogs were victorious over the Presbyterian Blue Hose, 75-64.
The Bulldogs had a great turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 15.1) and had a free throw rate of 0.520 (above their season average of 0.203). High Point, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 18.5). Caden Sanchez led the way for High Point, recording 13 points and six rebounds. DeVon Baker was a key piece for UNC Asheville with 24 points.
In their first matchup this season, Eric Coleman Jr. led the Panthers to a 68-66 win. He recorded 15 points and five rebounds. High Point had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (43.2 vs. 8.1). UNC Asheville, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (11.4 vs. 22.4).
It could be a sloppy game for the High Point offense. High Point ranks 306th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.2 percent), while the pesky defense of UNC Asheville forces the 17th-most turnovers in the NCAA (24.0 percent). Additionally, the Bulldogs’ 54th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.530) will square off against the Panthers’ 344th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.553).
UNC Asheville at High Point Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Over
- UNC Asheville ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (16.7) while High Point ranks 280th (25.6).
- The Panthers rank 182nd in assists per game (12.4) while the Bulldogs rank 234th (11.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 24th in steals per game (8.4) while the Panthers rank 215th (5.2).
- High Point ranks 195th in rebounds per game (34.5) while UNC Asheville ranks 290th (31.0).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. On the season, UNC Asheville has defeated opponents by an average of 0.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 63.2 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (5.5 below their season average).