The Connecticut Huskies (1-0) will be at home in Harry A. Gampel Pavilion when they clash against the UMKC Kangaroos (0-2). The game starts at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
UMKC Kangaroos vs. Connecticut Huskies ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Huskies defeated the Morehead State Eagles, 80-70, while the Kangaroos were beaten by the Iowa Hawkeyes, 77-63.
Connecticut played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.4 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8. Morehead State had marks of 19.9 and 32.5, respectively, for those same stats. UMKC, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 20.1). Connecticut rallied around Josh Carlton, who finished with 17 points and eight rebounds. Xavier Bishop, meanwhile had a solid performance for UMKC, recording 14 points.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Connecticut offense. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, Connecticut ranks 185th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.7 percent), while the pesky defense of UMKC has forced the 61st-most turnovers in the country (20.8 percent).
UMKC Kangaroos at Connecticut Huskies Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UMKC, ATS Winner – UMKC, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- UMKC ranks 35th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Connecticut ranks 282nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.8).
- The Huskies rank 31st in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Kangaroos rank 54th (5.4).
- UMKC is 295th in the nation with 10.9 assists per game while Connecticut is 304th with 10.6 assists per game.
- The Huskies rank 90th in blocks per game (3.8) while the Kangaroos rank 239th (2.4).
- Connecticut ranks 203rd in rebounds per game (34.6) while UMKC ranks 320th in rebounds allowed per game (40.6).