The Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (4-4) will be at home in Show Me Center when they challenge the UMKC Kangaroos (3-6). Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
UMKC Kangaroos at Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Free Preview
The Kangaroos got blown out by the South Dakota Coyotes in their last matchup, 82-63. Xavier Bishop had a solid game for UMKC, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 4-for-9 shooting. South Dakota’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Coyotes had 12 offensive rebounds and 46 total rebounds, while the Kangaroos had three and 27, respectively.
In the Redhawks last matchup, they beat the North Carolina Central Eagles, 86-77. With 20 points on 8-for-8 shooting, Justin Carpenter led Southeast Missouri State in scoring. Southeast Missouri State dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 15.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.655 (above their season average of 0.523). For those same stats, North Carolina Central was 16.6 and 0.553, respectively.
It will be a showdown of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Kangaroos will look to push the slower-paced Redhawks. Since the 2016-17 season, the Kangaroos rank 53rd in possessions per game while the Redhawks are 184th.
The Kangaroos won the lone game against the Redhawks last season, 86-75. UMKC did a great job of getting and making free throws (24-34; 70.6 percent). Southeast Missouri State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 vs. 19.2).
UMKC Kangaroos at Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southeast Missouri State, ATS Winner – Southeast Missouri State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Redhawks rank 10th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Kangaroos rank 51st (6.1).
- UMKC ranks 244th in blocks per game (2.6) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 266th (2.0).
- Southeast Missouri State ranks 130th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5) while UMKC ranks 319th (38.3).
- The Redhawks rank 140th in assists per game (13.9) while the Kangaroos rank 288th (12.5).
- UMKC ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 165th (21.5).