The UMBC Retrievers (6-6) will travel to Capital One Arena to square off against the Georgetown Hoyas (7-3). The game starts at 6:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
UMBC Retrievers at Georgetown Hoyas ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Hoyas defeated the Syracuse Orange 89-79, while the Retrievers beat the Coppin State Eagles 86-77.
UMBC played a flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 17.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.516). For those same stats, Coppin State had marks of 16.6 and 0.492, respectively. Georgetown, on the other hand, played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.393 (above their season average of 0.292) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 36.6). Syracuse had marks of 0.081 and 15.6, respectively, for those same stats. Mac McClung led the way for Georgetown, contributing 26 points. UMBC, meanwhile, was led by K.J. Jackson, who recorded 14 points, seven assists and five rebounds.
The physical Georgetown offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Hoyas rank ninth in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.302, while UMBC ranks 284th in FTA rate allowed (0.257).
UMBC at Georgetown Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – UMBC, O/U – Under
- UMBC ranks 44th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Georgetown ranks 214th (15.0).
- The Hoyas rank 35th in rebounds per game (39.7) while the Retrievers rank 161st (35.3).
- Georgetown ranks 111th in steals per game (6.6) while UMBC ranks 164th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Hoyas rank 21st in blocks per game (5.2) while the Retrievers rank 182nd (1.8).
- UMBC ranks 105th in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while Georgetown ranks 238th in three pointers allowed per game (25.7).
- The Hoyas’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 5.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Retrievers have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (6.2 above their season average).