The FGCU Eagles (0-1) begin their home schedule at Alico Arena against the UMBC Retrievers (1-0). The game begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
UMBC Retrievers vs. FGCU Eagles Betting Odds
In their last game, the Eagles got blown out by the Saint Louis Billikens, 89-67, while the Retrievers won big over the Valley Forge Patriots, 134-46.
UMBC played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.257 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.777. Valley Forge put up marks of 0.042 and 0.303, respectively, for those same stats. FGCU, on the other hand, made 12 of their 27 three pointers (44.4 percent). Zach Scott led the way for FGCU, putting up 23 points. Meanwhile, Jack Schwietz played a key role for UMBC with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
The inefficient offense of FGCU will battle against the top-notch defense of UMBC. Dating back to last season, the Eagles rank 271st in offensive efficiency, while the Retrievers are 13th in defensive efficiency. The Retrievers figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Additionally, the Retrievers, who rank 270th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.210), could have a difficult time getting to the line against the Eagles, who rank 39th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.189).
UMBC vs. FGCU Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UMBC, ATS Winner – UMBC, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- UMBC ranks 61st in assists allowed per game (11.6) while FGCU ranks 277th (15.2).
- The Retrievers rank 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Eagles rank 133rd (3.3).
- UMBC ranks 216th in rebounds per game (34.3) while FGCU ranks 265th (33.0).
- The Retrievers rank 26th in steals per game (7.9) while the Eagles rank 228th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- UMBC ranks 103rd in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while FGCU ranks 262nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).