The Colgate Raiders (1-1) will be at home in Cotterell Court when they take on the UMBC Retrievers (1-2). Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
UMBC Retrievers vs. Colgate Raiders Betting Preview
In the Retrievers last outing, they dismantled the Central Pennsylvania College Knights, 93-62. Max Curran was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-14 shooting. UMBC played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.491 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0. For those same stats, Central Pennsylvania College was 0.246 and 20.9, respectively.
The Raiders come in on a high note after defeating the Cornell Big Red in their last matchup, 72-61. Sean OBrien had a good outing for Colgate, finishing with 11 points and eight rebounds. Colgate dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.210 and a turnover percentage of 15.4. For those same stats, Cornell had marks of 0.156 and 18.8, respectively.
It could be a difficult game for Colgate on the offensive glass. The Raiders rank 309th in offensive rebounding percentage (24.9 percent), while UMBC ranks 82nd in defensive rebounding percentage (73.2 percent) since the 2016-17 season. Also, the Retrievers 25th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.550) will clash against the Raiders 252nd-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.517).
UMBC Retrievers at Colgate Raiders Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colgate, ATS Winner – Colgate, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Retrievers rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Raiders rank 102nd (3.1).
- UMBC ranks 87th in assists per game (14.8) while Colgate ranks 136th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- UMBC ranks 87th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while Colgate ranks 255th (7.4).
- The Raiders rank 86th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while the Retrievers rank 246th in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- UMBC ranks 202nd in rebounds per game (35.2) while Colgate ranks 291st (32.8).