The UMBC Retrievers (12-14, 5-6 AmEast) will be at SEFCU Arena to take on the Albany Great Danes (14-12, 7-4 AmEast) in an AmEast matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
UMBC Retrievers at Albany Great Danes Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Great Danes defeated the Maine Black Bears 66-60, while the Retrievers beat the New Hampshire Wildcats 65-59.
UMBC played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 (above their season average of 26.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.431 (below their season average of 0.505). New Hampshire was 27.9 and 0.369, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Albany’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Maine. The Great Danes had a rate of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.488), while the Black Bears posted a mark of 0.413 (below their season average of 0.471). Albany’s Ahmad Clark had a solid performance, contributing 23 points, nine rebounds and seven assists. K.J. Jackson, meanwhile fueled UMBC with 19 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Clark led the Great Danes to a 67-63 win. He put up 13 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Albany had a better turnover percentage (16.1 vs. 20.9). UMBC, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 vs. 29.4).
The physical Albany offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Great Danes rank 100th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.252, while UMBC ranks 226th in FTA rate allowed (0.238).
UMBC vs. Albany ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Under
- Albany averages 24.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 80th in the nation. UMBC ranks 245th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- The Great Danes average 35.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 138th in the nation. The Retrievers rank 159th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- UMBC ranks 156th in assists per game (12.8) while Albany ranks 163rd in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- During their last five games, the Great Danes have scored an average of 66.0 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (2.6 below their season average).
- The Retrievers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, up from 1.8 for the season.