The Binghamton Bearcats (8-17, 2-10 AmEast) and the UMass Lowell River Hawks (11-16, 5-7 AmEast) battle at Events Center. The Bearcats look to put an end to their six-game losing streak. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
UMass Lowell River Hawks at Binghamton Bearcats Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bearcats were blown out by the Vermont Catamounts, 76-48, while the River Hawks were victorious over the Hartford Hawks, 74-67.
UMass Lowell dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.232 (below their season average of 0.265) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.2 (above their season average of 27.3). For those same stats, Hartford put up marks of 0.140 and 32.0, respectively. Binghamton, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.368 vs. 0.516). Sam Sessoms put together a good outing for Binghamton with 13 points, seven rebounds and six assists. Obadiah Noel played well for UMass Lowell, putting up 25 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Noel led the River Hawks to an 85-66 win. He recorded 25 points, eight assists and five rebounds. UMass Lowell’s 0.236 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Binghamton, who had a mark of 0.127.
Getting to the line could be hard to come by for Binghamton in this contest. The Bearcats currently rank 349th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.158, while UMass Lowell ranks 46th in FTA rate allowed (0.182).
UMass Lowell River Hawks at Binghamton Bearcats Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UMass Lowell, ATS Winner – UMass Lowell, O/U – Under
- Binghamton ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (29.6) while UMass Lowell ranks 190th (20.9).
- The River Hawks rank 199th in rebounds per game (34.3) while the Bearcats rank 276th in rebounds allowed per game (38.9).
- The River Hawks average 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 53rd in the nation. The Bearcats rank 226th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- UMass Lowell ranks 80th in steals per game (7.1) while Binghamton ranks 231st (4.8).
- The River Hawks have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, UMass Lowell has lost by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 59.8 points per game (8.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (2.4 below their season average).