The UMass Lowell River Hawks (8-11, 2-2 AmEast) will be at SEFCU Arena to clash with the Albany Great Danes (10-9, 3-1 AmEast) in an AmEast matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
UMass Lowell River Hawks vs. Albany Great Danes ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Great Danes fell to the Stony Brook Seawolves, 70-62, while the River Hawks were defeated by the Maine Black Bears, 104-98.
UMass Lowell was lights out from beyond the arc (12-28; 42.9 percent) while Albany held Stony Brook to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.2 (below their season average of 29.8). Albany’s Ahmad Clark had a good outing, putting up 21 points and seven assists. UMass Lowell, meanwhile, was lifted by Christian Lutete, who had 29 points and nine rebounds.
The River Hawks dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, UMass Lowell won 86-54. UMass Lowell’s 0.169 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Albany, who had a mark of 0.066. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Albany does a solid job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 56th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.266), but UMass Lowell is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 26th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.160).
UMass Lowell vs. Albany Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Over
- UMass Lowell averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 82nd in the nation. Albany ranks 185th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- The Great Danes rank 171st in rebounds per game (35.2) while the River Hawks rank 204th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- The River Hawks rank 40th in assists per game (15.4) while the Great Danes rank 138th (13.0).
- Albany averages 22.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 134th in the NCAA. UMass Lowell ranks 174th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- The River Hawks have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. For the season, UMass Lowell has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Great Danes have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (0.3 above their season average).