The Northern Colorado Bears (0-1) begin their home schedule at Bank of Colorado Arena against the UIW Cardinals (0-1). Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
UIW Cardinals vs. Northern Colorado Bears ATS Odds
Both teams lost big in their last matchup. The Bears fell to the Texas Longhorns, 69-45, while the Cardinals were defeated by the Missouri Tigers, 82-42.
UIW had a better offensive rebounding percentage (20.5 vs. 30.0) while Northern Colorado had a much better free throw rate (0.236 vs. 0.063). Northern Colorado was lifted by Sam Masten, who contributed 11 points and five rebounds. Drew Lutz played well for UIW, contributing 16 points.
When considering effective field goal percentage, Northern Colorado figures to have a noteworthy advantage. Since the 2018-19 season, the Bears offense ranks 54th in that metric at 0.538, while the UIW defense ranks 351st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.561). Also, the Cardinals, who rank 317th in offensive rebounding percentage (23.8 percent), will face off against the Bears, who rank 54th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.8 percent).
UIW Cardinals at Northern Colorado Bears Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northern Colorado, ATS Winner – Northern Colorado, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Northern Colorado ranks 38th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while UIW ranks 325th (16.3).
- The Bears rank 158th in blocks per game (3.1) while the Cardinals rank 270th (1.7).
- Northern Colorado ranks 151st in steals allowed per game (6.3) while UIW ranks 262nd (7.8).
- The Bears rank 52nd in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Cardinals rank 239th (14.3).
- Northern Colorado ranks 167th in rebounds per game (35.3) while UIW ranks 316th (27.6).