The UIW Cardinals (7-17, 4-9 SthLnd) will be at Lakefront Arena to meet the New Orleans Privateers (7-17, 3-11 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
UIW Cardinals vs. New Orleans Privateers ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Privateers fell to the Central Arkansas Bears, 73-68, while the Cardinals were defeated by the Northwestern State Demons, 70-60.
UIW had a better free throw rate (0.218 vs. 0.148) while New Orleans had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 14.7). New Orleans’ Troy Green played well, putting up 19 points and eight rebounds. UIW, meanwhile, received a boost from Des Balentine, who contributed 14 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Drew Lutz led the Cardinals to a 73-70 win. He recorded 17 points and seven assists. UIW made good use of their 34 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 28 of them (82.4 percent). New Orleans, on the other hand, was 19-23 (82.6 percent).
It could be a sloppy game for the New Orleans offense. New Orleans ranks 212th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.7 percent), while the gambling defense of UIW forces the 84th-most turnovers in the nation (21.1 percent).
UIW vs. New Orleans Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – New Orleans, ATS Winner – New Orleans, O/U – Under
- New Orleans averages 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. UIW ranks 233rd in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Cardinals rank 209th in three pointers attempted per game (20.1) while the Privateers rank 287th (16.0).
- The Privateers rank 97th in rebounds allowed per game (33.7) while the Cardinals rank 228th (37.1).
- New Orleans ranks 41st in steals per game (8.0) while UIW ranks 135th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Cardinals’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 7.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Privateers have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average).