The UIW Cardinals (9-18, 6-10 SthLnd) will be at the Montagne Center to take on the Lamar Cardinals (15-13, 9-8 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
UIW Cardinals at Lamar Cardinals Betting Odds
In their last outing, Lamar was victorious over the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders, 79-62, while UIW got blown out by the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, 80-56.
Lamar dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.519 (above their season average of 0.237) and a turnover percentage of 17.9 (better than their season average of 18.6). For those same stats, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was 0.136 and 37.7, respectively. UIW, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.224 (above their season average of 0.224). Lamar’s Avery Sullivan had a solid performance, recording 14 points, 10 rebounds and five steals. Meanwhile, Vincent Miszkiewicz was a key piece for UIW with 11 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, T.J. Atwood led Lamar to an 89-77 win. He notched a double-double with 23 points and 11 rebounds. Lamar’s 20.3 turnover percentage was their largest strength over UIW, who had a rate of 26.1.
UIW at Lamar Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Lamar, ATS Winner – Lamar, O/U – Over
- Lamar ranks 32nd in blocks per game (4.6) while UIW ranks 178th (2.6).
- Lamar ranks 125th in assists per game (13.3) while UIW ranks 236th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- UIW ranks 207th in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while Lamar ranks 278th (17.7).
- Lamar averages 9.2 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the nation. UIW ranks 140th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Lamar ranks 140th in rebounds per game (35.8) while UIW ranks 252nd (32.8).
- During their last five games, Lamar has scored an average of 69.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (0.6 above their season average).
- UIW’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 7.4 for the season.