A nine-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Wright State Raiders (21-5, 11-2 Hor), who will be 11.5-point favorites when they challenge the UIC Flames (12-14, 7-6 Hor) at Ervin J. Nutter Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 148 points and it will air on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020.
UIC Flames vs. Wright State Raiders Betting Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last contest. The Raiders (10-point favorites) defeated the Oakland Golden Grizzlies 83-71, while the Flames (2-point favorites) beat the Green Bay Phoenix 71-58. The Wright State game finished 7.5 points over the projected point total of 146.5, while the UIC game finished 29.5 points under the projected point total of 158.5.
The Flames, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.504, had a great mark of 0.565 and held the Phoenix to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4 (below the 29.7 mark opponents have averaged against UIC this season). Meanwhile, Wright State played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.518) and a free throw rate of 0.346 (above their season average of 0.236). For those same stats, Oakland was 0.442 and 0.300, respectively. Bill Wampler played well for Wright State with 20 points and seven rebounds. Tarkus Ferguson had a good game for UIC, finishing with 14 points, six rebounds and six assists.
In their first matchup this year, Ferguson led the Flames to a 76-72 win. He registered a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. UIC covered as a 6.5-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 148 points, which was just over the projected point total of 144.5. UIC had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.517 vs. 0.417). Wright State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (14.2 vs. 22.1).
Flames matchups have typically gone under the total (64.0 percent). UIC heads into the contest with records of 12-14 straight up (SU) and 14-11 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to UIC, games featuring the Raiders have typically gone over the total (66.7 percent). Further, Wright State is 21-5 SU and 11-11-2 ATS.
Wright State could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Wright State ranks 29th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while UIC forces the 67th-fewest turnovers (17.7 percent).
UIC Flames vs. Wright State Raiders Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Wright State, ATS Winner – Wright State, O/U – Under
- Wright State ranks 11th in rebounds per game (40.6) while UIC ranks 185th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- The Raiders average 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 114th in the country. The Flames rank 143rd in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Raiders rank 34th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Flames rank 194th (14.1).
- UIC ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.3) while Wright State ranks 75th (3.7).
- Wright State is 5-5-2 ATS at home, while UIC is 9-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 9 of the Raiders’ 12 home games, while 9 of the Flames’ 13 road games have gone under.
- The Raiders are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Flames are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Wright State has 4 overs and 1 under, while UIC has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Raiders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 11.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (1.2 below their season average).